Meet David and Millie. Since joining our Throwback morning crew this fall, we’ve noticed several things this couple has in common:
- An apartment
- A dog
- They’re both California natives and love The Max (obvi)
- Baseball - Millie currently works for the Major League Baseball Players’ Association, and David used to play baseball, and he still has the rocket arm to show for it. Just ask anyone who’s faced him TBF Dodge!
- But most noticeably…
They’ve EACH lost around 15lbs!!
Join us congratulating David and Millie on their great success. Here’s a little more about this duo!
- Name: David Rozinksy
- Hometown: Simi Valley, CA
- University: California State University, Northridge
- Favorite Exercise: Push-ups
- Favorite Throwback Recess Game: TBF Dodge (Really any game involving throwing though)
- Favorite Movie from Childhood: The Sandlot
- Favorite Throwback Jam: Hypnotize by Biggie
- Name: Milagros (Millie) Villalobos
- Hometown: Glendale, CA
- University: UCLA
- Favorite Exercise: Runnling
- Favorite Throwback Recess Game: TBF Relay
- Favorite Movie from Childhood: The Princess Diaries
- Favorite Throwback Jam: Say My Name by Destiny's Child
1. What inspired you to want to make a change in your exercise habits?
David: I used to be an athlete, but when Millie started law school last year, I sort of fell off the wagon.
Millie: I started law school last year and my exercise habits just went out the window. I went from running 6-minute miles to spending a lot of time sitting in the library, so 1L was kind of traumatic in that way. As I was about to start my second year, I realized how much weight I had gained and knew it wasn't healthy. We decided to join ClassPass and after our first Throwback class, we were hooked!
2. What changes (in your body and fitness level) have you noticed most since starting Throwback / your new exercise routine?
David: I can see my abs again! I have lost 14 pounds since starting Throwback in August. Overall, I just feel better both physically and mentally. As far as a change in new exercises goes, it is between burpees and rowing. During the first few weeks of Throwback, I had to crawl back to a standing position to complete a burpee. Now, I feel like I can fly through them. As for rowing, I feel a lot more confident in my technique. In the beginning, I felt like I was flailing about on the rower. Now, I can feel myself rowing harder and with less effort.
Millie: My rowing time has improved by about a minute since I started and honestly, I never thought I was going to get any faster because rowing is crazy hard. Other than that, I feel a lot stronger and most of the time, I don't feel like I'm going to pass out after class. I've also lost 17 pounds since August!
3. If you could share one diet tip, what would it be?
David: Drink more water.
Millie: Try not to cut something out 100% because you will end up eating 12 donuts.
4. You can't be perfect with the diet all the time... What is your favorite cheat food?
David: Taco Bell, but I have to sneak around so Millie won’t see. Any junk food really, though- burritos, nachos, burgers, fries, pizza, chips. I love it all.
Millie: Anything with sugar, really. I can say no to burgers and fries, but I will never be able to say no to a cupcake. Pick your battles.
5. What do you enjoy most about Throwback?
David: The instructors and the community. Brian, Ryan, and Java are all fantastic. You guys make working out fun (really fun), which has always gone understated in the workout environments I have been a part of in the past. In addition to the fun, Throwback’s environment is comforting, something else that I have rarely seen in other gyms. The people I have met in class are amazing. Everyone is always welcoming, friendly, and we all share the same level of enthusiasm for Throwback! When I first considered the unlimited early riser package, I had a lot of doubt in my level of commitment because I have a bit of trouble rolling out of bed in the morning. Waking up at 6:00 a.m. has never been so easy.
Millie: Hands down, the community that it fosters. We usually go to the 6:30 a.m. class and it is always so impressive to see how many people show up. People are funny, supportive, and always super helpful! They really push us to be better every day (especially during relays). I also loved that the instructors wanted to get to know us and help us improve- that was different from a lot of places we had been to. We definitely wouldn't wake up at 5:50 a.m. and walk/take a cab all the way from Gramercy just for any group.
6. Any workout ideas, contests or events you'd like to see incorporated? (serious or humorous)?
David: I know it is cold right now, but maybe when it warms up outside, some kind of race or obstacle course might be fun!
Millie: A TBF 10K!