Meet Lucas, our TBFer of the Month for April. He splashed onto the scene with a second place finish in our TBF Sweet 16 tournament, but not as a total surprise. He’s been dominating coach workouts for the past two months, not to mention our last few Throwback parties with his slick dance moves. When he hacks the music, it WILL be all Spice Girls and Lady Gaga. You’ve been warned.
Say hello and congrats to Lucas when you see him around the studio!
- Name: Lucas DeForest
- Hometown: North Attleboro, MA
- University: University of Pennsylvania
- Favorite Exercise: Box Jumps
- Favorite Throwback Recess Game: TBF Corn Hole
- Favorite Movie from Childhood: The only three movies my brother and I would rent from Blockbuster - Spaceballs, Airplane, and Bluestreak (honorable mention: Spiceworld)
- Favorite Throwback Jam: 'Wannabe' - Spice Girls (what else??)
1. What inspired you to want to make a change in your exercise habits?
I was doing Classpass and nothing was really drawing me in - until I came to Throwback and ran out of my allotted three classes the first week of every month. I love the balance of competition and camaraderie that I get every time I come - plus I get to make up for how terrible I was at all the Recess games when I was younger (except for Dodgeball which I'm still terrible at).
2. What changes (in your body and fitness level) have you noticed most since starting Throwback / your new exercise routine?
My rowing ability has definitely been the biggest change, along with the endurance that comes with it. When I started at Throwback I was more of a runner/spinning person and didn't know which end of an erg was up. Now I'm doing the rower in my spare time!
3. If you could share one diet tip, what would it be?
Everything in moderation - including moderation. Set realistic limits and don't be hard on yourself if you're not perfect - it's ok to go for cake on your birthday (or a celebrity's birthday, or to celebrate the anniversary of a release of a Spice Girls song).
4. You can't be perfect with the diet all the time... What is your favorite cheat food?
I have an intense sweet tooth, so anything that will give me a mouth full of cavities. Preferably a pint of Ben and Jerry's.
5. What do you enjoy most about Throwback?
It's hard to pick one thing, but probably the Recess game every time. It feels like a reward for getting through Phys Ed even though I'm still actually working out. Especially if it's a game I like and we win!
6. Any workout ideas, contests or events you'd like to see incorporated? (serious or humorous)?
Well trivia is my jam, so the more types of that the better (I'm still waiting for Mean Girls trivia). Beyond that, maybe TBF Jenga - but the pieces have exercises on them, and if the tower topples you do double!