It's that time of year again for our spring contest, Major League Recess, which starts next week!
Major League Recess (MLR) will feature a month long series of weekly physical and mental challenges. Think Nickelodeon's Guts meets MTV's The Challenge. It starts Thursday May 25 and runs through June 15. Here are the details:
- MLR challenges will not be revealed in advance and will include some Recess games you haven't seen before
- Challenges will be both physical AND mental
- MLR will run during Recess on all Thursday classes; sign up for a class titled 'Major League Recess'
- Events will be individual or partner-based; for partner events, you can partner with anyone in your class regardless of whether or not they are participating in the contest
- After every Thursday, you will be ranked according to where you place among ALL MLR participants that day
- The overall winner will be the individual with the highest average rank over the 4 weeks
- No advanced registration required; anyone signed up for a class labeled 'Major League Recess' on the schedule will be included
We'll have one grand prize winner that will be awarded a $100 Amazon gift card and a $50 credit to be applied to Throwback classes. Second place gets a Gatorade bath and a one-week supply of Big League Chew.
Q: Is this like TBF All-Star or Sweet 16 where strong rowers have an advantage?
A: No, Major League Recess will include minimal rowing. More importantly, thoughtful contestants will have an advantage.
Q: I'm not that smart. Is Major League Recess for me?
A: You can probably find something more your speed. Maybe go buy a fidget spinner instead.
Q: What if I cannot make one or two of the workouts?
A: We'll be running Major League Recess workouts on Thursdays initially, so hopefully you can find a time that works for you. But if not, MLR lasts several weeks so there is still a good chance you can rack up enough points to win. If we need to expand, we may include a Wednesday or Friday MLR workout.
Q: Can I attend multiple MLR classes and take my best performance for the day?
Q: Why advanced MLR contest registration?
A: This is to ensure any potential contestants don't act like jabronis and refuse to sign up because they're worried they'll miss a workout or two. As long as you make it to class, you'll be ranked in the competition.