TBF Nerd is back with a month long series of trivia inspired workouts. It starts Thursday, September 15 and will run for 4 weeks. Here are the details...
- Each week will consist of a different decade of pop culture trivia, starting with the 2010s
- Workouts will be held during Recess on all non-Varsity Thursday classes; sign up for a class titled 'TBF Nerd'
- Events will be partner-based and you may choose anyone in your class, male or female, regardless of whether or not they are participating in the contest. You can have different partners each week
- After every Thursday, you will be ranked by number of correct answers, amongst all participants that day
- No sign-up or entry fees required; anyone signed up for a class on the schedule called 'TBF Nerd' will be included
We'll have one grand prize winner that will be awarded a $75 Amazon gift card and a $75 credit to be used for Throwback classes. Second place will receive a Fruit Roll-Up and all other participants will get a noogie.
We're also running a promo in conjunction with TBF Nerd. Enter code 'TBFNerd' at checkout in our MindBody site to get 20% off any class package (does not apply to intro rates and unlimited memberships).
Q: Do strong rowers have an advantage?
A: No, TBF Nerd will include no rowing. More importantly, contestants with knowledge of music and pop culture will have an advantage.
Q: I don't consider myself a nerd. Is this contest for me?
Q: What if I cannot make one or two of the workouts?
A: We'll be running TBF Nerd workouts on Thursdays initially, so hopefully you can find a time that works for you. But if not, TBF Nerd lasts several weeks so there is still a good chance you can place well even if you cannot attend every class. If we need to expand, we may include a Wednesday or Friday TBF Nerd workout.
Q: Can I attend multiple TBF Nerd classes and take my best performance for the day?
Q: Why are there no sign ups?
A: This is to ensure any potential contestants don't act like jabronis and refuse to sign up because they're worried they'll miss a workout or two. As long as you make it to class, you'll be ranked in the competition.