She's the newest member of the TBF500 club (over 500 classes), the current Kingpin female record holder, and a consistent contender for every contest we run! She's also our fiercest TBF Cup goalie so if you better hope she's on your team. Meet Liz Apicella, our June TBFer of the Month! Check out our Q&A with her below.
- Name: Liz Apicella
- Hometown: New York, NY
- University: NYU
- Favorite Exercise: Squats
- Favorite Throwback Recess Game: TBF Cup
- Favorite Movie from Childhood: It was a weekly rotation of Karate Kid, Top Gun and Summer School
- Favorite Throwback Jam: Mase - What You Want
1. What inspired you to want to make a change in your exercise habits?
I've always tried to be active but I was finding myself getting bored and finding excuses to skip a workout. I started to look for something that was new and would keep me coming back again.
2. What changes (in your body and fitness level) have you noticed most since starting Throwback / your new exercise routine?
In the beginning I definitely slimmed down and saw an overall change to my body. I now see myself continually getting stronger and faster. I remember early on after one class I went home and was practicing sit-stands with my sister because I could not complete one in class. Now they are easy peasy.
3. If you could share one diet tip, what would it be?
I just try to plan ahead and find that's when I'm the most successful and feel the best.
4. You can't be perfect with the diet all the time... What is your favorite cheat food?
Oh I have such a sweet tooth!
5. What do you enjoy most about Throwback?
I'm all about the high fives. The friendly competition is what drew me into and keeps me coming back to Throwback. Whether I am trying to better my performance or help the team, what is a better way to prop someone up and say nice work than a good, solid high five?
6. Any workout ideas, contests or events you'd like to see incorporated? (serious or humorous)?
I trust your creative process. I have yet to be disappointed in a game and I'm pretty sure at this point I have played them all. However, you do have version on Baseball, Basketball, Football and Soccer so maybe a take on Tennis or Hockey?