It's that time of year again for our spring contest, Major League Recess, which starts next week!
Major League Recess (MLR) will feature a month long series of weekly physical and mental challenges. Think Nickelodeon's Guts meets MTV's The Challenge. It starts Thursday May 26 and runs through June 23. Here are the deets...
- MLR challenges will not be revealed in advance and will include some brand new recess games
- Challenges will be physical AND mental
- They will be held during Recess on all Thursday classes; sign up for a class titled 'Major League Recess'
- Events will be partner based and you may choose anyone, male or female, in your class regardless of whether or not they are participating in the contest. You can have different partners each week
- After every Thursday, you will be ranked according to where you and your partner place among ALL MLR participants that day
- The overall winner will be the indivual with the highest average rank over the 5 weeks
- No sign-up or advanced registration required; anyone signed up for a class on the schedule called 'Major League Recess' will be included
We'll have one grand prize winner that will be awarded a $100 Amazon gift card and free 5-pack of classes. Second place will receive a pack of sunflower seeds and a tin of Skoal.
We're also running a promo in conjunction with Major League Recess. Enter code 'TBFMLR' at checkout in our MindBody site to get 25% off any class package (does not apply to intro rates and unlimited memberships). Offer ends this Friday.
Q: Is this like the Sweet 16 where strong rowers have an advantage?
A: No, Major League Recess will include minimal rowing. More importantly, thoughtful contestants will have an advantage.
Q: I'm not that smart. Is Major League Recess for me?
A: You can probably find something more your speed. Maybe go see the new Zac Efron movie, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising instead.
Q: What if I cannot make one or two of the workouts?
A: We'll be running Major League Recess workouts on Thursdays initially, so hopefully you can find a time that works for you. But if not, MLR lasts several weeks so there is still a good chance you can rack up enough points to win. If we need to expand, we may include a Wednesday or Friday MLR workout.
Q: Can I attend multiple MLR classes and take my best performance for the day?
Q: Why are there no sign ups?
A: This is to ensure any potential contestants don't act like jabronis and refuse to sign up because they're worried they'll miss a workout or two. As long as you make it to class, you'll be ranked in the competition.