Our January TBFer of the Month is Jamie Kraemer! She brings positive energy to every workout, always works her ass off, and is near the top of whatever class she's in. Throwback workouts weren't always the easiest for her when she started coming last year, but she is now tied for the lead in our TBF All-Star competition.
Through hard work, dedication and consistency, Jamie significantly improved her strength and cardiovascular endurance while shredding inches from her waistline. She's lost over 30 pounds since we first met her!
Check out our Q&A with Jamie below.
Name: Jamie Kraemer
Hometown: Palmyra, WI
University: University of Wisconsin-Madison and Fashion Institute of Technology
Favorite Throwback Recess Game: TBF Flip
Favorite Movie from Childhood: Howard the Duck
Favorite Throwback Jam: Shoop- Salt-N-Pepa
1. What inspired you to want to make a change in your diet and exercise habits?
Having low energy and not being comfortable with the way I felt or looked. I knew it was time to make a change when I started avoiding going out and doing stuff with people because I didn't feel good about myself.
2. What changes (in your body and fitness level) have you noticed most since starting Throwback / your new exercise routine?
I lost a good amount of weight (over 30lbs), but more important I am stronger and I can keep up a lot better than I used to!
3. What is your favorite exercise?
Push-ups, I also have a love/hate/love relationship with rowing.
4. If you could share one diet tip, what would it be?
I'm probably the last person to give any advice here, since this is where I struggle. For me prepping meals is a must as I know I don't always make good choices if I don't plan ahead. I try not to deprive myself too much of my favorite things, just keep it all in moderation.
5. You can't be perfect with the diet all the time.. What is your favorite cheat food?
6. What do you enjoy most about Throwback?
I love the positive and fun atmosphere. It's nice to get a great workout that doesn't feel like a workout. I also like that every class is different each time.