Our September TBFer of the Month is Lindsey Thwaites! She's been a regular for the last couple years so we're sure you've heard her name called as part of a winning Phys Ed team. She routinely crushes our Coach's Workouts, and it's rare these days to see her rowing above a 2:00 split. Check out our Q&A with her below!
- Name: Lindsey "Spada" Thwaites
- Hometown: Newark, DE
- University: West Virginia University
- Favorite Exercise: Box Jumps
- Favorite Throwback Recess Game: TBF Flip
- Favorite Movie from Childhood: Newsies
- Favorite Throwback Jam: Walking on Broken Glass by Annie Lennox
1. What inspired you to want to make a change in your exercise habits?
The Throwback guys of course! Seriously I have worked out my entire life but when I started Throwback I was inspired to become stronger and faster. After going a few times to class I could feel myself being challenged by the body weight circuits and rowing. I became more confident in working out and was inspired to make it part of my everyday routine. Now it's what I look forward to after a long day at work.
2. What changes (in your body and fitness level) have you noticed most since starting Throwback / your new exercise routine?
Some days I feel like a beast... haha just kidding. I feel more fit all over and I'm faster when I go on long runs.
3. If you could share one diet tip, what would it be?
Balance! I figured out that the best diet for me is finding what works for you. For me, high intensity workouts, running, eating 3 healthy meals a day, and giving yourself a cheat day!
4. You can't be perfect with the diet all the time.. What is your favorite cheat food?
Oh man...French Fries with multiple dipping sauces!
5. What do you enjoy most about Throwback?
After being a member for over 2 years it still kicks my ass!!! It makes me leave personal and work shit at the door and just focus on getting stronger. No seriously Brian, Ryan and Java are the best. They create workouts that make you push yourself while having fun. I also enjoy all the people that I have met and get to workout with!
6. Any workout ideas, contests or events you'd like to see incorporated? (serious or humorous)?
Red Light/Green Light or a Double Dutch Contest...haha