It's springtime in New York which means outdoor brunches, empty Citi Bike racks, park lounging, allergies, and baseball season (but who's going to watch baseball anyway?). Instead, you should look forward to our new contest, Major League Recess, which starts next week!
Major League Recess (MLR) will feature a month long series of brand new weekly physical and mental challenges. Think Legends of the Hidden Temple meets MTV's The Challenge. It starts Thursday May 7 and runs through June 4. Here are the deets...
- MLR challenges will be brand new workouts and will not be revealed in advance
- Games will be physical AND mental
- They will be held during Recess on all Thursday classes; sign up for a class titled 'Major League Recess'
- Events will be partner based and you may choose anyone, male or female, in your class regardless of whether or not they are participating in the contest. You can have different partners each week
- After every Thursday, you will be ranked according to where you and your partner place among ALL MLR participants that day
- The top 5 ranking contestants after 4 weeks will face off in one final challenge on a date to be determined
- No sign-up or advanced registration required; anyone signed up for a class on the schedule called 'Major League Recess' will be included
We'll have one grand prize winner that will be awarded a $100 Amazon gift card and free 5-pack of classes. Second place will receive a pack of Big League Chew (original flavor).
We're also running a promo in conjunction with Major League Recess. Enter code 'TBFMLR' at checkout in our MindBody site to get 20% off any class package (does not apply to intro rates and unlimited memberships).
Q: Is this like the Grand Prix and Sweet 16 where strong rowers have an advantage?
A: No, Major League Recess will include minimal rowing. More importantly, thoughtful contestants will have an advantage.
Q: I'm not that smart. Is Major League Recess for me?
A: You can probably find something more your speed. Maybe go see Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 instead.
Q: What if I cannot make one or two of the workouts?
A: We'll be running Major League Recess workouts on Thursdays initially, so hopefully you can find a time that works for you. But if not, MLR lasts several weeks so there is still a good chance you make it to the final challenge if you place well during the weeks you are able to attend. If we need to expand, we may include a Wednesday MLR workout.
Q: Can I attend multiple MLR classes and take my best performance for the day?
Q: Why are there no sign ups?
A: This is to ensure any potential contestants don't act like jabronis and refuse to sign up because they're worried they'll miss a workout or two. As long as you make it to class, you'll be ranked in the competition.