TBF Nerd will feature a month long series of trivia inspired workouts. It starts Thursday September 17 and will run 4 weeks. Here are the details...
- Each week will consist of a different test subject hinted at in our Instagram hashtag #TBFNerd
- Workouts will be held during Recess on all non-Varsity Thursday classes; sign up for a class titled 'TBF Nerd'
- Events will be partner based and you may choose anyone, male or female, in your class regardless of whether or not they are participating in the contest. You can have different partners each week
- After every Thursday, you will be ranked amongst all participants that day by number of correct answers
- No sign-up or entry fees required; anyone signed up for a class on the schedule called 'TBF Nerd' will be included
We'll have one grand prize winner that will be awarded a $100 Amazon gift card, a month of unlimited Throwback classes for yourself and 3 classes to share with a friend new to Throwback. Second place will receive a bottle of Yoohoo and all other participants will get an atomic wedge.
We're also running a promo in conjunction with TBF Nerd. Enter code 'TBFNerd' at checkout in our MindBody site to get 20% off any class package (does not apply to intro rates and unlimited memberships).
Q: Do strong rowers have an advantage?
A: No, TBF Nerd will include minimal rowing. More importantly, contestants with knowledge of music, sports and pop culture will have an advantage.
Q: I don't consider myself a nerd. Is this contest for me?
Q: What if I cannot make one or two of the workouts?
A: We'll be running TBF Nerd workouts on Thursdays initially, so hopefully you can find a time that works for you. But if not, TBF Nerd lasts several weeks so there is still a good chance you can place well even if you cannot attend every class. If we need to expand, we may include a Wednesday TBF Nerd workout.
Q: Can I attend multiple TBF Nerd classes and take my best performance for the day?
Q: Why are there no sign ups?
A: This is to ensure any potential contestants don't act like jabronis and refuse to sign up because they're worried they'll miss a workout or two. As long as you make it to class, you'll be ranked in the competition.